Tag Archives: beta release
I’ve just uploaded a new beta version of Writing Outliner – 0.9.9.492 Beta 4 (Update 1).
This version includes the following bugfixes and enhancements:
- Enhancements of document compilation (merging separate documents into a single one):
- Compilation error under Vista Enterprise + Word 2007.
- Style handling problem reported by forum member MuppetGate in this forum post (happens only when ‘Include titles’ option is not selected).
- Now the ‘compiled output’ will not be opened in the current document tab, but instead, open in a new tab (and one tab only). This is more convenient as it will not change your current document selection.
- Shows an icon on the ‘compiled output’ document tab so that it can be identified easily.
- Occasional error (something like ‘Access violation’) that happens when closing Microsoft Word.
- Shows a balloon hint window to tip the user that he/she can restore the Writing Project Manager pane when it’s is minimized. Some users reported they lost Writing Outliner, I guess this might be the reason 😉
Download address of this beta 4 (update 1) of Writing Outliner Word add-in. Note there is an alternative download link at the bottom of the download page.
Posted in: Version History by Edwin on June 29, 2010
I haven’t blogged for a while – I’ve been extremely busy with the development of Writing Outliner Word add-on, and today, I can finally announce this final beta release!
Beta 4 of this Word-on mostly contains improvements of existing functions, so that it’s easier to understand and use.
I’d like to thank you all people who has sent me so much useful feedbacks, comments and suggestions (I know, not all of them have been implemented, but let’s get version 1 out first, I promise I’ll keep work on it 🙂
I’ve set the release date of version 1 to be
July 8th, 2010.
And I’ve decided to sweeten the pot with a very attractive pre-sale, here is the deal – start from now till July 7th, you can pre-order Writing Outliner for only $39.50 – 50% off of the list price.
What’s New in Beta 4?
Why Pre-order Writing Outliner Now?
What To Expect Next?
The cork board! With the corkboard documents in a writing project can be viewed and arranged as index cards, it’ll be a powerful tool for writers.
Since I’ll increase the price of Writing Outliner as new major features being added, so I strongly recommend you to pre-order Writing Outliner now and you’ll eligible to upgrade to future version!
Posted in: Version History by Edwin on March 31, 2010
I’m getting a great amount of valuable feedbacks from emails and the beta test forum since the first beta of Writing Outliner Word Add-in was release 15th this month, thank you all, guys!
Of course in such a short time I couldn’t get all suggestions and problems fixed, but here is the list of the new stuff in this second beta release of Writing Outliner Word Add-in – the all-on-one writing tool for writers.
And I’ll be working on the rest, please don’t hesitate to give me more feedbacks through:
Manual or automatic project backup
You write/edit Word documents a lot, you have to backup your documents frequently.
Word document backup with Writing Outliner has become easy now, it allows you backup your whole Writing Outliner project anytime as you wish, or simple let Writing Outliner takes care of it for you – automatically backup the modified writing project upon closing. See the screenshots below:
Quick Word document import, a great time-saver!
Quickly (with two clicks) import currently opened Word document to a specified Writing Outliner project.
It’s very easy, just click the ‘Import Current Document’ link in the Welcome pane and then select the target project you want to import to. Once it’s done, you open the target project and you’ll find the imported Words documents under the newly introduced INBOX folder. Screenshots:
- Move a document up or down in the Project Manager Outliner with keyboard <Ctrl + Up/Down>;
- Added the ‘address bar‘ to the embedded File Explorer tab, so that when doing document importing or exporting you can quickly navigate to a folder;
- Now ignorable notification messages are shown with the small notification window that appears at the lower right part of your screen, so that your workflow will not be interrupted (Like what Outlook, MSN/Live Messenger do).
- Project notes are missing after re-opening the project several times;
- In a rare case the document synopsis, tags or notes sub-pane in the Document Properties Pane (only the UI itself, not your data) will disappear until you reopened Microsoft Word.
- Temporary Word documents that are used internally by Writing Outlinier Add-in are no longer be added to Word’s ‘Recent Document List’, so you’ll not be seeing strange document names like 1AE63565B5E04ACB8674659621A9AA89.docx;
- Avoid moving the special ‘Compiled Output’ document node with drag and drop.
Enjoy the new beta release!